Saturday, February 13, 2010

Life After Death. (Why I am a Possibilian)

This is one of my favourite subject, because I had been brought up thinking that ethics, morals and religious teachings of the church should be consistent, and yet I was seeing inconsistency. I didn’t believe they had a lock on the truth any more so than any other religion. For example take the case of astronomer Galileo in 1616( ie. just 400 years ago) he was imprisoned by Pope Paul V because he claimed that the earth was not flat but a sphere. Just imagine, how far we have come now viz. DNA, Dark Matter, Quantum Mechanics, Size of the Cosmos, Vaccines, MRI, Man on the Moon, Neuro Science, etc. “Agnosticism is not knowing whether the guy with the beard in the cloud is real or not."

Possibilianism' is going out and making up a bunch of new stories, because we know so much more now than those people who came up with those stories thousands of years ago.” There are 2000 religions and everyone believes just as fervently in theirs as you do in yours. Uncertainity is uncomfortable position but certainity is absurd position. I do not want to shake your faith but according to the Bible, if you do not accept Christ to be your Saviour there is no place in heaven. But I want to ask you what would be the fate of millions and millions of pious Muslims, Hindus and Buddhist etc. Are they all going to hell, because they did not accept Christ as their Saviour. Socially its kind of uncomfortable to say that you are an Athiest nor an Agnostic but I would say that I am in the middle like David Eaglemen as a Possibilian. Lets come out of our relegious constrains and explore our vast ignorence and the possibilities that exists in life after death. Now lets listen to David Eaglemens interview on the Coast to Coast Radio Show on You Tube. Please note that there are 8 episodes. Let me know what you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment